Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Habits

Today my lovely daughter and I got up early and took the dog for a walk. So what? Well today is the first day of my new habit.

Running. (well walking, then running.)

I want to be a runner.

I want to be one those people that "go for a run".

Endurance, I have never really had any. My hubby, he was born with endurance. He is fit, trim and doesn't have to try. He works hard. He works long hours. He is amazing. I feel permanently exhausted. I try not to say it out loud, because then I will feel it...does that make sense? If I sit on the lounge I will fall asleep.

So my lovely friend Michelle set me a challenge. Lets do a 4km fun run. Its in September and I have about 6 weeks to train for it. Shit. I said yes to her and now I have to do it. I told hubby, but he used to me not following through on stuff.

So Sunday, I did a little bit of running/walking and today I did 4km walking the dog. I think tomorrow I will run/walk the same distance...no dog to slow me down.

Today 84kg.

I would like to be under 80kg by 19 September, 2010 the family fun run day.


Here is the link to my walk.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I look forward to following your blog. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Hope you have an excellent race.

    ReplyDelete